Finding gifts in Whistler is easy! Especially around the holiday season. But we wanted to delve a little deeper and gather together some ideas on the more unique options available in Whistler.
With that in mind, we’ve put together this handy Holiday Gift Guide, which covers traditional gift-giving as well as unique experiences, and Secret Santa ideas for under $20!
Take a look and add your own ideas in the comments – we’d love to hear your fave places to find gifts in Whistler.
Finding Gifts In Whistler – Which Stores Are Best?
Whistler Village Stroll is a great place to start. There you’ll find an array of souvenir shops, which are great spots to find gifts for loved ones back home. This could include novelty items, collector’s pieces, and kitsch.
Great options for Whistler-branded goods include:
- Roots – they have super cozy, Whistler-branded sweaters.
- Starbucks – Whistler and/or British Columbia inspired illustrated mugs are great!
- Lululemon – Quite often stock Whistler-centric activewear and accessories.
- North Face – Great for Whistler-branded adventure gear and stickers.
Looking for something truly unique? There are several great spots to check out for locally-made, artisanal items such as pottery, candles, cosmetics, clothing, and prints. Our favorites include 3 Singing Birds, Maury Young Arts Centre gift shop, and Get The Goods.
Finding Gifts In Whistler – For The Person Who Has EVERYTHING!
We all have someone on our gift list who is impossible to buy for. Don’t fret! There are gifts in Whistler for everyone and for every budget. If we’re struggling for ideas, we like to hit up the following places:
The Audain Art Museum and the Squamish Lil’Wat Cultural Centre both have gift shops that are brimming with unique pieces as well as souvenir-type goodies. If you’re looking for gifts in Whistler that represent the local area (particularly our First Nations heritage) these are great places to start.
Another one of our go-to stores is Camp Coffee in Function Junction. When we’re looking for gifts in Whistler for the person who has everything, they’re top of our hit list. They have a stock of great items including clothing, books, and adventure gear. Plus they have some Whistler-specific items too. Everything here is on-trend and super Instagrammable. Be sure to grab a cup of joe and a peanut butter cookie while you’re there!
Finding Gifts In Whistler – Experiences Rather Than Things.
Experiences are always well-received and there are lots of experiences to give as gifts in Whistler. From soothing spa days to high-octane adventures, here’s our pick of the best experiences to give this Holiday season:
- The Spa At Nita Lake Lodge offers a peaceful and luxurious experience in Whistler Creekside. Specific treatments, such as Hydrafacial, can be gifted and pre-loaded gift cards are also available, which may be used against Spa services or retail products such as organic skincare and NuFACE devices.
- Superfly Ziplines is one of the ultimate mountain experiences and makes the perfect experience gift in Whistler for almost anyone! They have two of Canada’s longest ziplines at over 1km long, 200m high!
- Whistler Bungee is the ideal gift for the adrenaline junkie in your life. Their located on a bridge above the stunning Cheakamus River and provide a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- We love the idea of gifting an experience with Extremely Canadian. They offer mountain skills courses such as Steeps, Backcountry, and Avalanche Safety Training. Your loved one will learn something new and have an incredible alpine experience while doing it!
View this post on Instagram
A day in the life – Hakuba, Japan Wake up, go ski touring, shred pow, revitalize yourself at the Onsen of your choice, and head out to try authentic Japanese cuisine with all your shred buddies 🥰❄️🇯🇵 ▫️ ▫️ ▫️ ▫️ Come with us ~link in bio~ #excanthisisouroffice #redefineyourboundaries #iamextremelycanadian #vail #epicpass #testedtough #mountainhardware #anotherbestday #pursueyourthrill #smithoptics #freeride #powderskiing #steepskiing #backcountryskiing #splitboarding #japow #hakuba #skijapan #outdoorbella #nature #outsideculture #healthy #skitouring #backcountry #wintersports #anotherbestday
Some other great ideas:
The gift cards at Nita Lake Lodge can be pre-loaded with a dollar amount of your choosing and are valid across the hotel. This means that your loved one could enjoy a delicious dinner for 2 at Aura, après at Cure Lounge, or even stay the night in one of our oversized suites!
A snowmobile tour with The Adventure Group is top of many a bucket list. Make dreams a reality with a fun-fuelled tour by The Adventure Group. They have a number of options starting from $189, which can be scheduled at twilight for the ultimate photo opportunity!
Finding Gifts In Whistler – Secret Santa Ideas Under $20.
Holding a Secret Santa at work? Here are 5 awesome gifts in Whistler and they’re all under $20!
View this post on Instagram
Enjoy some down time in #whistler while you wait for the snow to arrive ✨ • Book a 60-min Swedish Massage at The Spa At Nita Lake Lodge for only $99 🥰 • —> L I N K I N B I O <— • (Midweek only. Not valid with RMT. Ends Nov 30). • 📷: @jeylaloves • #onlyinwhistler #metime #atthespa #nitalakelodge #whistlerunfiltered #seatosky #snowiscoming #andrelax #littlethingswhistler #secretseason #whistlerbc #rooftophottub #jacuzzitime #relaxationtime #swedishmassage #organicspa
- A Fix Café gift card is an awesome idea. It allows the recipient to get lunch for two at Fix Café or treat themselves to some yummy, homemade treats. Ask about gift cards at the register.
- A class at Altitude Fitness in Creekside is $18 and could include Spin, Barre Sculpt, or Pilates. A great gift idea for the fitness fanatic in your life.
- Give the gift of natural beauty with organic, skin-friendly cosmetics at The Spa At Nita Lake Lodge. Brands include Jane Iredale and Naturopathica and prices start from $16!
- Armchair Books in Whistler Village is Whistler’s only dedicated book store and offers bestsellers and classics as well as locally-relevant publications – many for under $20. We recommend ‘105 Hikes’ by Stephen Hui. It’s listed on their website for $22.46!
- A Nordic ski experience makes a unique gift for many people. Each Wednesday throughout winter, Whistler Olympic Park offers $7 tickets and $7 rentals at the Callaghan Valley. So for $14 your Secret Santa can try something new and have a great time doing it!
Celebrating The Holidays In Whistler – Here’s What You Need To Know:
We’re sure you’ll want to make the most of the holidays in Whistler, which is why we’ve put together this handy post to help you to navigate the abundance of holiday cheer on offer. Join us in the mountains of beautiful BC and see why Whistler is the place to be this holiday season.