The journey from Vancouver to Whistler takes around 2 hours and is filled with stunning views of Howe Sound and The Coast Mountains. It’s the perfect distance to feel like you’re getting away from it all.
This makes Whistler the perfect couples’ getaway. Here are a few more reasons to encourage you to make the journey (as if you needed any persuading):
Mountains Of Fun
It’s no secret: Whistler is BIG on alpine activity. Whether it’s skiing North America’s largest resort in the winter, or hiking/biking our beautiful vistas in the summer – there’s mountains of fun to be had. Here are some ideas worth including during your couples getaway:
- The PEAK2PEAK 360 Experience can be enjoyed in any season. Advance tickets can be purchased for around $65 and include a ride on the world-record-breaking PEAK2PEAK Gondola. Winter sightseeing is absolutely worth adding to your itinerary, but it’s in the summer that the experience really shines. We love a summer trip up the mountain for wildlife viewing, wildflower meadows, alpine hiking, and even a cheeky Caesar to round the day out. Plus, in the summer you can experience the Cloudraker Skybridge with breathtaking views across Whistler Valley!
- Skiing Whistler Blackcomb is a must-do during the winter. To make your experience extra special, we’d recommend booking a private lesson. This can be done via Whistler Blackcomb for around $749 for the half-day – especially useful for beginners. Alternatively, be sure to check out Extremely Canadian, who offer really great sessions (such as steep skiing, and backcountry touring) from around $279. Looking to learn something new? Mountain Skills Academy has you covered. You and your loved one could learn Avalanche Skills Training, Crevasse Rescue, or even Ice Climbing!
- In the summer, Whistler Blackcomb transitions into Whistler Bike Park. See the mountain on 2 wheels and explore some of the best bike trails in North America. If you’re new to the sport, we’d recommend signing up for a lesson or taking part in a guided ride. It can really help to build your confidence to tackle the trails!
Oodles Of Romance
You may be traveling from Vancouver to Whistler in search of some serious downtime. Whistler offers the perfect relaxation for a couples’ getaway. If you’d like to enjoy some quiet time and rejuvenate with your loved one, here’s what we would recommend:
- Scandinave Spa is one of the first places you’ll see if you search #whistler on Instagram. It’s a mecca for trendy millennials who want to “get the shot”, but also a great spot if you’re looking to recharge. A bath pass will set you back $75 – $100 depending on when you visit, and you can add a massage to your experience from $200. The hot/cold therapy is a very restorative experience, and the “no cell phone” rule will allow you to fully switch off. We’d recommend visiting early morning in the shoulder season to avoid the crowds.
- Another unique Whistler experience is Vallea Lumina, and we’re including it here because we think it’s a great option for date night! In a nutshell, it’s a multimedia night walk complemented by the intriguing story of two lost hikers. Expect other-worldly sounds, fantastical lights, and awesome holograms! Tickets are 24.99 and the attraction is now open year-round!
- At any time of the year, a walk at one of Whistler’s beautiful lakes is a great idea for you and your loved one. If you’re traveling from Vancouver to Whistler, you’ll even pass several on the way! Staying close to Whistler, some of our favourite options are Alta Lake and Lost Lake. Both are easy-going underfoot and offer lovely views of the forest-covered landscape and snow-capped mountains. For a more intermediate to advanced hike, perhaps you’d be interested in making the journey to Joffre Lakes? It’s picture-postcard perfection, which can mean large numbers of visitors. But the trick is to plan your visit in the shoulder season or even in the winter (Just be sure to take cleats/snowshoes with you).
ila™ Couples Connect at The Spa At Nita Lake Lodge
Surrender to the healing rituals of the ila™ Couples Connect at The Spa At Nita Lake Lodge. Designed for couples to experience together, this 120-minute treatment includes a rejuvenating body scrub, the ila™ Kundalini massage, ila™ Ananda facial therapy and Shirodara ritual (nourishing warm oil poured over the third eye and hair). Plus, included in the $660 price is access to The Spa’s eucalyptus steam room, relaxation room, and roof-top hot tubs. It’s the perfect way to spend a few hours in Whistler.
Whistler Tasting Tours
Coming from Vancouver to Whistler, you may be surprised to learn about some of the really great culinary options available. Whistler Tasting Tours is our favourite way to experience the best! Each delicious course of your dining experience happens at a different restaurant. We’d recommend the lunch tour, which covers 6 tasty stops from $75 per person. Prices include a full lunch, listed drinks at 4 locations, liquor taxes and gratuities for restaurant servers. If you’d like to do dinner, prices are $105 per person with an optional wine pairing for $35 more. Bon appetit!
Escape From Vancouver To Whistler – BC Residents get 20% off
Ready to make the journey from Vancouver to Whistler and book the perfect couples’ getaway? You’ll be pleased to hear that you can save 20% off the best available rate at Nita. Would you choose a cozy Studio Suite with a basalt gas fireplace and double-soaker tub? Or perhaps you’d prefer to upgrade your stay and save 20% on a One-bedroom, Lake View Suite? It’s our most popular room type and offers breathtaking views of Nita Lake from a beautifully flowing space that will tempt even the most ambitious adventurer to relax.
For more awesome ways to pass time with your beau, check out our blog: A Dozen Romantic Ideas For Date Night in Whistler.