Does the forecast for your upcoming Whistler getaway look a little wet? Sometimes, this is just the reality we face in the Sea to Sky region, especially during October & November which is typically when we see the most rainfall during the year in Whistler. But don’t fret- a little rain doesn’t mean your epic Whistler getaway is ruined! In fact, there are many amazing adventures to be had during a rainy day in Whistler. Keep reading for some inspiration on what to do when it rains in Whistler.
So, what is there to do when is rains in Whistler?
Pamper Yourself with a Spa Day
Stay dry by treating yourself with a Whistler spa day! You won’t even remember that it’s raining…
- Treat yourself to a Champagne Pedicure or a luxurious body treatment at The Spa at Nita Lake Lodge
- Relax your mind and body at the popular Scandinave Spa, enjoyable in the rain, snow, or sun
Discover Excellent Shopping and Dining in Whistler Village
Grab an umbrella and slip on a coat to stroll door to door of the excellent shops, restaurants, and bars on the Whistler Village Stroll!
- Indulge in some retail therapy at the many amazing shops on the Village Stroll
- Enjoy a cocktail and charcuterie board at one of our favorite spots, Bar Oso
- Try some sushi and feel the good vibes at a local’s hotspot, Sushi Village
Warm up with Some Treats at a Local Café
There’s nothing more cozy than sitting in a warm café, sipping a seasonal drink, and enjoying a pastry as you watch the rain fall on the windowsill.
- Purebread offers a wide variety of incredible pastries, treats, bread and warm drinks. It is a ‘must visit’ in Whistler
- Check out Forecast Coffee for a pastry or lunch and a yummy drink. With a large cozy seating area, this is a great place to catch up with a friend on a rainy day
- If you are seeking a cozy vibe where you can watch the rain fall on the windowsill, visit Fix Café in Whistler Creekside. With homemade food items made daily and a cozy indoor vibe, this is one of our favorite rainy-day spots
Take in Some Culture at a Local Museum
Whistler has three staple cultural museums, that are “must-sees” when visiting Whistler, especially during a rainy day!
- Spend the day viewing local art at the incredible Audain Art Museum
- Brush up our ski-town history at the Whistler Museum
- Immerse yourself in the culture of the First Nations People at the Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Center
Take your Adventure Indoors with a Family Friendly Activity
Grab the crew and try one of Whistlers many unique indoor activities! Just because it’s raining during your trip, doesn’t mean there are no memories to be made.
- Head over to Forged Axe Throwing to test your skills!
- Take the adventure indoors at Escape! Whistler
- Try a kid-friendly soap stone art class at Fathom Stone
- Catch a film at the Imagine Cinemas Village 8
Just get outside and get wet!
Put on your rain gear (or go grab some from one of the many outerwear shops in Whistler Village) and get outside! Sure, you may get a little damp, but you can warm up afterward with a hot chocolate and a treat and we bet you’ll be glad you got out to enjoy the outdoors.
- Suit up and head out for a damp hike (check out Whistler Insider’s Tips for Hiking in the Rain)
- Grab your crew and enjoy a muddy ATV Tour
- Experience the coastal rainforest on a Treetop Adventure Tour
And there you have it, over 15 different ways to spend a rainy day in Whistler! The moral of the story is to not fear the rainy conditions. There are many amazing indoor activities in Whistler to enjoy, and with the right gear, you can suit up and get outside! Sure, you may get a little damp, but sometimes that is all the fun! If you need some more inspo, head over to our “Year-Round Activities to do in Whistler” blog for even more all-weather friendly activities.
Inspired to take a fall getaway? Check out our Stay Longer and Stay Special for up to 25% off your stay at Nita Lake Lodge!